Google+ Le Baby Bakery: Dinoland Google+

Monday 11 March 2013

Dinoland

After the B for Builder small world play went down so well, I decided to make a D for Dinosaur box for the boys. In the base of our box I used small cardboard squares, which is actually for the base of our pet rat cage, its called Ecobale & is a type of horse bedding!  I made boulders out of scrunched up paper bags & sed some rocks from our beach small world. I added some plastic plants, eggs & 2 palm trees, that the boys made at a toddler group using tinsle & kitchen roll tubes.
 During play my paper bag bolders became dinosaur nests!

We used our Ladybird Dinosaur book to look up the names of our figures & taked about how big they would have been & what they liked to eat.
They got the dinosaur figures from Santa and they hadn't really been played with since, this was a great opportunity to give the boys a starting point to begin play. They both enjoyed this box and like most of our others it has been asked for several times.

x Jo x

6 comments:

  1. I love your use of books alongside the toys, it really helps give new concepts meaning. Your little ones were very imaginative making nests too. Looks like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! They look like they had so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did here - I bet they had so much fun!!! Thanks for participating this week - I've pinned it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome sensory bin filler! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely idea and I have pinned it to my dinosaur board

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they really loved it must make another similar dinosaur box soon...

      Delete

Google+