Google+ Le Baby Bakery: Slimming World - Spanish Rice Recipe Google+

Saturday 4 January 2014

Slimming World - Spanish Rice Recipe

Well I think that nearly everyone's new years resolutions I've read have involved either loosing weight or eating more healthily. I have been at my target weight with slimming world for over a year now, having lost 2.5 stone, well at least I hope I still am as I haven't weighed since before Christmas! I've found it much harder to be 'good' since i got to target & don't seam to be able to have a meal or 2 off plan, the whole week seams to go & then I end up having to have an extra good week to get back down to target again! Slimming World give me a 3lb leeway either side of my target & a weeks grace before I have to start paying class fees again & so far I haven't had to pay since I hit target in October 2012. I'm really glad slimming world encourage target members to weigh regularly as if I didn't I'm sure I'd have easily have gained a stone again!


Anyway to give everyone a kick start (especially me) to a healthy new year here is one of my favourite recipes that I found on pintrest & converted to UK measurements & adapted to slimming world. Both boys love it & even daddy who has 'gone off' bolognese likes it!

Slimming World - Syn Free Spanish Rice

Ingredients:

400-500g extra lean minced beef
1 medium onion diced
1 pepper diced (or equivalent of frozen pepper)
1 tin of chopped tomatos
250ml passata
250g (dry weight) of cooked white rice
1 tsp garlic powder (or 1 clove of fresh)
1 tbsp granulated sweetener
Salt & pepper to taste.

Directions:

Spray a large saucepan with plenty of fry light, add minced beef, onion & pepper. Cook over a medium heat until beef is browned. Add remaining ingredients, stir until combined & cook until heated throughout. 


Serves 4-5 people, can be re-heated. It can also be frozen however the rice never comes out quite as good as when eaten fresh, but if you have an extra portion it makes a nice easy lunch.
Syn Free on  Extra Easy & a healthy low fat meal if your not following slimming world.

x Jo x

To make sure you don't miss out on any posts please follow/like Le Baby Bakery on:
Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, Instagram & Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. I love Spanish Rice but I don't really know how to make it. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome, I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Thanks for joining in the Monday Parenting Pin it party

    ReplyDelete

Google+