Google+ Le Baby Bakery: Pineapple Upside Down Cake Google+

Sunday 9 March 2014

Pineapple Upside Down Cake


Couple of weeks ago, before I was having to be 100% on plan with slimming world & possibly (at least part) of the reason I put 4lbs on, I decided it was about time I made the boys a pineapple upside down cake. I last baked this when we were at our old 1 bed house before the boys were born, at least 7 years ago. It an old recipe that I cooked in food technology class at school, so credit goes to my teacher (sorry I cant remember your name) & my mum for keeping the recipe.

Mummy Mishaps

I wasn't really planning to blog about this one but when I heard about the Team Honk Great Bloggers Bake Off I thought the cherries in this recipe made it the perfect 'red nose' recipe. That & I can't bake anything nice until I shift those extra pounds I gained at half term!

Ingredients:

4 Pineapple rings (or chunks if you open the wrong tin like I did!)
2.5 Glace cherries (or more especially if your using chunks & can fit them in)
2tbs Golden Syrup (or as I called it as a child gold & Syrup  lol)
100g Marg or butter
100g Castor sugar
100g Self-raising flour
2 eggs

Method:

Pre-heat oven to 180c (fan) or gas mark 4
Grease tin or dish (approx 8") I use a flat bottomed Pyrex dish that I also use for trifles.
Cover base of dish with the syrup, add the pineapple & cherries (cut in half)
Sieve flour in to a mixing bowl, add marg, eggs, & sugar. Beat until soft & creamy.
Spread the mix over the pineapple.
Bake for approx 45 minutes, until knife or cake tester comes out clean.
After loosening the edge with a knife put a plate on top of your dish & flip over.
Delicious served with custard, although the boys enjoyed the small piece that was left over cold the next day. An if your not a pineapple fan (like my pregnant friend isn't at the moment) I think it would be lush with just cherries... must try that some time!

Yum, I could just eat that now...

x Jo x


To make sure you don't miss out on any posts follow/like us on:
Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pintrest, Instagram & Bloglovin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+